Specialized courses and seminars for the chosen: they focus on methodological issues and research tools in the specific fields. They also examine theoretical developments in each field, the current state of the art, and the frontiers of research.
After the successful completion of the first two years of the program and of the preliminary exams, students are awarded an Advanced Master in Business Administration Research.
Dissertation Proposal (end of second year): students work with one or two ESSEC professors who guide and direct their research.
Dissertation Defense is expected by the end of the fourth year.
- Ph.D. in Business Administration
- Doctorat ESSEC Business School
- M.S. in Business Administration Research
Two years of courses and seminars and two years of dissertation work
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Candidates need to possess the ability to engage in high-quality research and show a real vocation for teaching. They must also demonstrate a solid educational background.
- Applicants should have an outstanding (four-year) Bachelor’s degree (BA, BSc or equivalent) or higher qualification (a Master’s degree would be an asset).
- French students can apply with four or more years of post-secondary studies (“Bac+4”).
- European students with a Master’s in Research (MRes) are also welcome to apply – successful applicants would gain exemption from certain courses/seminars and depending on their background, would follow a shorter sequence of courses.
- The program is open to top students from Business and Economics schools but also from fields such as Engineering, Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, etc.
To find out more about the program, visit the Ph.D. pages